Why train with us?
Whitmore High School is the Lead School in the Harrow Collegiate Alliance comprised of Alperton Community School, Avanti House School, Bentley Wood High School, Canons High School, Harrow High School, Hatch End High School, Haydon School, Kingsbury High School, Kingsley Special School, Newman Catholic College, Nower Hill High School, Park High School, Regent High School, Rooks Heath College, Sacred Heart Language College, St. Mary's & St. John's School and Whitefriars School.
Click here to see a map of our school locations.
Our partnership of schools are conveniently located with excellent links to public transport, which means trainees can engage with more than one school in the partnership. We provide a unique opportunity to experience a diverse and contrasting range of teaching and training experiences.
We are passionate about developing the next generation of outstanding teachers. We are looking for graduates with passion, enthusiasm and commitment to join us in transforming the life chances of our students through exceptional teaching.
Wwe are seeking to fill a wide range of School Direct places across our partner schools and we are working with Middlesex University to deliver a high quality, supportive and inspirational teacher training programme for each of our trainees.
Training with HCA schools gives you the unique opportunity to experience a broad range of teaching environments, with all our schools aiming to provide the highest quality teaching and learning for their pupils and the trainees they are developing.
Our partnered schools all offer you the opportunity to train to teach with excellent, experienced teachers in dynamic learning environments that foster talent. Within the HCA there are extensive opportunities for future professional leadership development including an excellent Masters Programme with St Mary’s University, Twickenham.
Our region has a number of major employers with which the partnership works to provide genuine employment links and experiences for students and staff.
Our staff are our most valuable resource and have a proven track record in training and professional development. Our teachers are excellent practitioners with exemplary behaviour management skills and are eager to share their skills, knowledge and practice with the next generation of teachers.
In addition to the above, we offer:
- Access to all teaching practices in excellent schools in an outstanding borough;
- Experience in genuinely comprehensive schools where you would gain experience of both challenging pupils and also some exceptionally high achievers;
- School-based tutorials as a group led by experienced members of the Leadership team and school staff;
- Learning in schools that share a strong commitment to child centred hands on learning rooted in an exciting topic based approach;
- The chance to train amongst highly committed, positive, professional staff;
- Exceptional employment opportunities, 100% of our recent trainee cohort secured NQT positions after completing our School Direct programme
The opportunity to become part of a school community thus gaining understanding of the richness and complexities of secondary teaching.